FIQ MEMBERSHIP CHECKLIST
The following is a list of documents and other information that you will need to assemble and send to the FIQ e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain membership:
1. A letter from your Federation requesting membership in the FIQ.
2. Documents that show your application was approved at a valid meeting of your governing board and acknowledging acceptance of FIQ's Articles of Incorporation, Statutes and other regulations.
3. A letter from your National Olympic Committee, or Government Sports Agency, or another body already recognized by your National Olympic Committee or Government, saying your organization is recognized as the sole national governing body for the sport of [Tenpin – Ninepin – Both] in your country
4. A copy of your Constitution and/or Statutes
5. A copy of your Rules
6. All other organizational documents
7. Contact information:
a. List of officers
b. Mailing addresses of officers
c. Phone numbers of officers
d. Fax numbers of officers
e. E-mail of officers
f. Federation mailing address
g. Federation phone number
h. Federation fax number
i. Federation e-mail address
j. Federation website address
8. Statistical information:
a. Number of male bowlers (dues paying/recognized)
b. Female bowlers (dues paying/recognized)
c. Junior bowlers ( younger than 18 years) (dues paying/recognized)
d. Number of recreational bowlers (not dues paying/not recognized)
e. Number of bowling centers
f. Number of lanes
9. New member Federations will be assigned to one of three Zones of WTBA (Asian Bowling Federation, European Tenpin Bowling Federation, or PanAmerican Bowling Confederation), or Sections of WNBA (Bohle, Schere, or Classic) depending on whether or not they are a tenpin or ninepin federation, unless a letter requesting an exception is submitted. The granting of exceptions is not automatic and your letter must point out strong reasons for overturning the rule.
All information must be in English or Spanish, at your option.
For detailed information on the composition and qualifications of FIQ members see Section 3.1-3.2 of the FIQ Statutes/Bylaws
The FIQ Presidium, the FIQ Congress, and/or the FIQ Staff may also request other information at any time to clarify your application, to settle questions, or to resolve a dispute.